The Creamy Oh-So-Satisfying Avocado Barre VT
East Orange, VT
Waterbury Ctr, VT
Randolph Ctr, VT
Monday 7am - 11pm
Tuesday 7am - 11pm
Wednesday 7am - 11pm
Thursday 7am - 11pm
Friday 7am - 11pm
Saturday 7am - 11pm
Sunday 7am - 9pm
Mon: 7am - 11pm 8:30am - 8:30pm
Tue: 7am - 11pm 8:30am - 8:30pm
Wed: 7am - 11pm 8:30am - 8:30pm
Thr: 7am - 11pm 8:30am - 8:30pm
Fri: 7am - 11pm 8:30am - 8:30pm
Sat: 7am - 11pm 9am - 7pm
Sun: 7am - 10pm 9am - 6pm
East Corinth, VT
Monday 6am - Midnight 9am - 9pm
Tuesday 6am - Midnight 9am - 9pm
Wednesday 6am - Midnight 9am - 9pm
Thursday 6am - Midnight 9am - 9pm
Friday 6am - Midnight 9am - 9pm
Saturday 6am - 11pm
Sunday 6am - 11pm
Sat: 9am - 7pm
Sun: 9am - 6pm
The Creamy Oh-So-Satisfying Avocado
by David Klein
From Living Nutrition vol. 6
If you are dreading giving up butter, cheese, mayonnaise and creamy dressings, the simple, satisfying, healthful answer is the zero-cholesterol avocado! There are many varieties of avocado with a broad variety of creaminess and sweet and salty flavors. Get your essential fatty acids the perfectly healthful way! Here are some dietary transition and totally raw ideas:
- Spread avocado “butter” on steamed vegetables and squash.
- Spread avocado “butter’ on whole grain bread.
- Mash avocado “butter” into baked potatoes.
- Scoop avocado into the butter warmer tray of a hot air corn popper. When the popcorn is ready and the avocado is soft, use a fork or spoon to scoop out and fling the avocado on the popcorn, mixing as you go. (The avocado need not be diluted and runny, nor cover all of the popcorn.)
- Blend up avocado and carrot juice to make “carrocado” dressing.
- Make a blended gazpacho soup of avocado, chopped tomato, peeled cucumber, sprouts, fresh herbs, and a bit of green, red or white onion.
- Slice up avocado and add to salads or eat like cheese sticks.
- Cut an avocado in half, remove the pit, and eat plain with a spoon.
- Cut an avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop broccoli and/or cauliflower florets, or carrot sticks into the avocado “spread.”
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl, add fresh corn niblets, chopped tomato, tomatillo, dill or cilantro, ...